When buying a home, there is a process that should be followed in this order:
1. Qualify- we'll sit down together and discuss your alternatives and what it is you're looking for in a home. We'll evaluate your purchasing capacity and determine the right kind of financing package for you. The reason I do this before we look at homes is that many times I can save you time, and eliminate properties that don't fit your purchasing parameters. By going through this pre-qualifying step and then a pre-approval letter from a lender, you'll be in a better negotiating posture when we do find the home you are looking for.
2. Select- having already discussed what you're looking for in a home, we'll use the latest computer software to search for properties meeting your criteria. Detailed reports will be generated on each listing for your viewing. Future new property listings can be sent to you automatically as soon as they hit the market via email.
3. Show- we'll actually go look at the homes we've selected together. The buying process should be fun and include everyone in your family if possible.
4. Negotiate- once we've found the perfect home, we'll negotiate the purchase with the seller.
5. Close- many details are involved in the transfer of ownership of the home to you. My role during this step is to see that all these details are handled quickly and professionally on your behalf.