Helping America Build Great Communities | Johnston
Johnston, Iowa is a cozy little suburb on the northern edge of the Des Moines metropolitan area. This safe little community offers great opportunities for families, seniors, and especially gardening enthusiasts looking to relocate. One of the key advantages Johnston residents enjoy is the easy access to metropolitan amenities while living in a comfortable small town atmosphere. The efficient Des Moines area infrastructure makes getting anywhere a breeze, allowing residents to trade some of their daily commute for personal time with family and doing the things they enjoy.
There are a variety of living options to choose from in Johnston, from traditional neighborhoods and planned communities to condos and loft style living. There are also a number of conveniently located shopping centers packed full of all the leading retailers, and fantastic recreational opportunities for families and seniors. To find out more about Johnston real estate opportunities contact Coldwell today!
- Johnston is home of the The Gardeners of America/Mens’ Garden Clubs of America’s headquarters
- Headquarters of Pioneer Hi-Bred, the largest U.S. producer of hybrid seeds
- Living in Johnston makes the hassle of long commutes a thing of the past
- Johnston has convenient fast access to the Des Moines city center along Interstate 80 and 35, and is minutes from Des Moines International Airport
- Miles of trails and hundreds of acres of nearby parks and open spaces, ranging from small playgrounds to massive recreation complexes, as well as a top of the line aquatic center and nearby amusement park
- Large industries bring jobs to Johnston and the Des Moines area because of the highly trained Iowa workforce and high quality of life
- Astounding schools boasting 91.5 percent of 3rd – 5th graders proficient in reading, and 87.4 percent of 11th graders
for more information on Johnston and the homes in our inventory
Average List Price: $483,943
Average Days on Market: 66
115 listings found. Showing 12 per page.